Tourist Guide Institute is now offering tour operating online training courses. At this stage there are no Cathsseta accredited tour operating courses, but there is a need for basic training to help tourist guides start their own tour operating businesses. So TGI has put together a tour operating course using their years of experience tour operating under All Africa Tours as well as the tourist guide training under Tourist Guide Institute. The course co-ordinators are Scott Womack and Julie Womack.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE: Click here.
- Minimum age 25 years old
- Tourist guide training qualification a recommendation, but not a necessity
- English language proficiency and computer literacy are essential
- Access to a computer and internet are mandatory
- The course is made up of 8 main video topics viewed online.
- If the candidate has not done a tourist guide course, there are 3 additional videos and 1 additional assessment.
- We provide a course handbook, with interesting articles, that support the video lecture materials.
- The handbook also has space for the student to jot down ideas, questions and reflections along the way.
- There are 3 formal assessment areas that are done at the end and handed in for feedback from TGI.
- On completion, the student will receive a certificate of competence.
- Students work at their own pace.
COURSE FEES FOR 2021: R3 000
- Tour Industry Terminology
- Types of tours to sell
- Setting goals
- Choosing a Business Entity
- Drawing up a Business Plan
- Vehicle permits and PDP licenses
- Designing tour Itineraries
- Pitfalls to avoid when designing tours
- Schedules for guides/tour leaders/drivers
- Feedback forms for guides and clients
- Costing a business and a tour
- Drawing up excel spreadsheets for costing purposes
- Quoting and invoicing
- Marketing your tours
- Having an online presence
- Terms and Conditions
- Force Majeure and Covid 19 protocols.
- Complete the registration form (p. 3-4 of Prospectus).
- Pay R3 000 upon registration for 2021
- Send a copy of your tourist guide qualification certificate if candidate is a qualified guide.
- A copy of your RSA ID, or Passport, Refugee Status Document, Permanent Residency. Work Permit, if it states that the individual may work “as a tourist guide” or “operate a tour business”.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE:
Download prospectus and registration form here. See introduction video below.